Ochota Barrels a Forest Pinot Noir
This product is currently sold out.
Origin: Adelaide Hills, Australia
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Producer's Notes: A strikingly floral nose of crushed petals and stems sets this liquid’s framework. Garrigue and Nordic forest undergrowth taunts damson fruit, pain d’epice and subtle peaty elements into a convincing show of rusticity. The delicate sappiness holds the taut, yet compact and textural palate in a state of flux, whilst tarry red currents and slightly meaty components enfold long with a savoury egress. Through the experience a medicinal quality flutters, reminiscent of billie hoke, which cannot be ignored by the further travelled. Once opened this wine will move considerably after day one with more flamboyant adjectives that will make this tasting note seem 101 standard issue.
- Fermented separately and cold soaked until wild yeast fermentation
- Gently hand plunged
- 100% whole bunch
- Basket pressed to seasoned french barriques and one new chassin
- Sporadic barrel rolling for the first 3 months
- Unfined and unfiltered
- Carefully gravity racked to bottle
- No additions besides minimal SO2 at bottling