Ochota Barrels Fugazi Grenache
This product is currently sold out.
Origin: McLaren Vale, Australia
Producer's Notes: A very pure expression of Grenache. Produced from 72 year old dry grown bush vines on the Blewitt Springs ridge ‐ tiny berries and a miniscule yield. A fragrant thread of wild herbs, fennel seed and charcuterie is underpinned with raspberry, violets and Asiatic spice. The taut nervous tension of compact red currents and Satsuma plum fills the mid palate with mouth‐watering red berry intensity. Finely grained tannins position this svelte, fleshy, and measured weight of forest cherries and persimmon into a long succulent and savoury finish.
- Planted in 1947 on ironstone and gravel infused red clay
- North facing unirrigated bush vines
- Cold soaked until wild yeast fermentation until dry
- Gently hand plunged
- 6‐80 days on skins and stalks with 80% whole bunches in half tonne fermenters
- Basket pressed to seasoned (5‐10 yo) French barriques for 6 months
- Sporadic batonnage for the first 2 months
- Unfined and unfiltered and no additions besides minmimal SO2 at bottling
- Carefully gravity racked