Ochota Barrels The Green Room Grenache
This product is currently sold out.
Origin: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Producer's Notes: This vintage not one spray….and is from a certified organic vineyard planted in 1946. Dry grown in red loamy clay with ironstone over deep limestone and schist. Lifted spice, Satsuma plum compote and a herbal thread of thyme with white pepper entwine the strikingly fragrant bouquet of bouillon. The palate entry is opulent yet nervy with medium bodied savoury (almost Pinot like) finely grained textural components resembling pomegranate and lingonberry. Bottled in clear glass to encourage the glorious simplicity of what mother‐nature can provide without interference.
- 40% whole bunch
- 40% destemmed with stalks included
- 20% carbonic maceration
- Handpicked in three lots mid to late February
- Cold soaked for about 4 days until wild yeast fermentation
- Gently pigeaged and hand plunged
- 6‐28 days on skins …pressing decision determined entirely by texture per fermenter
- Basket pressed to seasoned French barriques for 2ish months
- Unfined and unfiltered
- No additions besides 40ppm so2 at bottling